Saturday, June 27, 2009

A final thought in the form of a poem

The simplicity of a destiny achieved by one society.
The opportunity to relive history.
The diversity of the suburbs and the inner city.
How can it be that two communities seven minutes away can act so differently?
We’re all on a mission to discover how our generation came to be.
Our determination to conclude the effectiveness of segregation on certain cities
.


Throughout this whole trip I can truly say that I appreciate all that Museum Without Walls has offered me. I’m honored that I got the chance to meet the witness of Martin Luther King’s assassanti+on, Rev. Kyles. I’m honored I got the chance to meet Miss Joanne Bland who participated in the march of Selma at the age of 11. I’m honored that I got the chance to bond and communicate with friends I hopefully will stay in contact forever. Although out of all the museums we went to, I can honestly say that the slavery museum in Selma, Alabama was the most emotional. Even though I did not cry, the thought of even being in the same position as my ancestors we’re and how far they’ve come and fought for their freedom is something I will cherish for a very long time.

-Yahnicca

No comments:

Post a Comment